Tuesday, April 11, 2006

colic baby


Last month my baby was crying and crying due to colic - we really didn’t know what was happening – but we guessed it must be colic . I was on my way to my friend’s place. My mom was all alone with her – she tried all sorts of things but she could probably do little to assuage it. She called me on my cell . I immediately took a turn to return back home I could hear her scream over the phone. I immediately called her god-ma since she was in town to rush home, she too said its just colic. We had never experienced such a thing before – she was 4 1/2 months old then. I heard of relatives and friends talking to me about colic baby – but that was the day I experienced how it was like.. I called her doc – he told me to give her prescribed drops and she would be fine (S.O.S.) even after giving her few drops of the prescribed medicine her cry / pain was not subsiding . Mom tried home remedies like giving her little warm water to drink – she put some oil on her tummy and massaged – my baby felt fine and got good sleep. This is when I really experienced what does a colic baby has to go through and what should be done for colic baby.

Rica's mum

No comments: