Saturday, April 15, 2006

Baby food


My baby is now 6 months old… as far as the food is concerned we cannot force her or push things in her mouth coz she will push it back out by her tongue. Her doc has suggested that we give her rice and dal (kichdi), juice and soup but she just refuses to eat kichdi. She is very fussy where food is concerned.

Even though she is hungry – she will cry and cry but will not eat what she doesn’t want to. My mom has a tough time in stopping her from crying. Before she goes to bed at night I see to it that she has her feed well.

Advice to mums – and would be mums before your baby retires at nite – give her a proper feed so that she will have a sound sleep and not cry during the nite. You too will not have to worry about waking during the night.

I use to do this right from the beginning – before she could go to sleep would give her a feeding bottle so that I know how much food she has taken in and then she would wake up in the morning at around 5.00 for her next feed.

This is why I did not have much problems keeping up nights. In fact everybody use to tell me that I need to be ready to keep up nights and stuff.. knowing how important sleep is for me..but that just wasn’t the case.

so mums and would be mums there are ways where u dont have to keep up nites just well feed your baby before retiring at nite and then just see the wonder.


rica's mum

No comments: