Saturday, April 15, 2006

Baby talks


I strongly feel that babies understand everything, hence singing to your baby or talking to your baby doesn’t go waste. One doesn’t have to wait for a year or so to start with. I started with singing right from day one while nursing and even otherwise. In case baby doesn’t want to have her feed I just need to sing a favourite poem (Hickory Dickory Dock) and you can see the smile on her face.

My mom or anyone just has to say one, two and three, Kiele rightly knows what has to be done next she will push her head up which means now it is time for her to be carried. So all these words that we use regularly are registered. She is, therefore, aware that one two three means carrying time. All babies comprehend very well only thing words needs to be continual for them to master it.

When we talk she too babbles back in her language and then I repeat what she says in her similar tone and sound she uses. I suggest that whenever your baby talks or do some action – we too should respond back to them so that they too are aware that there is response from the other end and they get all the attention.

In my baby I noticed that whenever there is a conversation happening in the room. Kiele’s eyes rotate to who ever is talking so attentively as though she has understood everything and is ready to give her suggestion and advice.

Rica's mum

No comments: