Saturday, April 15, 2006

Baby movements



My daughter Kiele is very comfortable moving on her tummy, rolls from one end to the other but all this happens only when she is kept on the bed. The moment I keep her on the floor she just doesn’t move an inch. She can move only on the bed she just doesn’t make an attempt to move on the floor.

In fact my aunt and family use to tell me to keep her on the floor. Babies learn to crawl and walk better. I use to never keep her on the floor since she is too small she may just put anything in her mouth which may cause infection hence I thought it is safer to keep her on the bed. I think since I haven’t kept her earlier she just doesn’t want to go on the floor now. She is not used to moving on hard surface, hence her movements are restricted only on the bed

I will keep you all posted as and when she starts crawling full fledged on the floor. She can never stay at one place on the bed, her movements are continuous, hence now it is becoming even more tedious for my mom since she just cant leave her unattended even for some time coz you never know when she will crawl over the pillow. There is a fear that she might fall off the bed hence one has to be near her.

At this time its really fun being with your baby. Even the smallest and smallest of things she does like putting her toe in her mouth or raises her bum up its just so exciting and marvelous to see these movements. Her hands movements are tremendous if you really tired and need to sleep you will just not be able to if Kiele is at the side of you.

Another thing Kiele loves to do is to catch hold of the hair of the person who is carrying her or sleeping near her. She will just not leave it – at times I keep telling my mom that I think its high time we all need to wear shower caps and move around the house or else we will have no hair left on our head at the rate Kiele moves her hands and fingers.

My advice to would-be-mums and mums – this stage of baby doesn’t come back so I feel one should observe all these movements of your baby and spend time with your baby. I understand due to lack of time and in this busy busy world we have very little time to spend with our children, but believe me the moment I reach home from work, the only thing I do is to be with my baby and watch her movements and laugh. I feel there is no other thing that is more important.

No comments: